Sunday, January 19, 2014

An Entrance... Modern or Cozy?

Today I started on the hall that features the front door. This is the first room that I'm not too sure what to do. Old fashioned door, white side table that I have to make shoes to put under, and ___. 

This is the door.

This room is not completely wallpapered, and it hasn't got any flooring. The door is a printable from My Froggy Stuff with some modifications. But here's the part that's got me stumped.

Do I do:


With the wood stove I'd have to make brick hearth and a pipe from the stove to the ceiling. I made the stove out of mat board, string, hot glue, and paint. Recognize it? I was inspired by Brae of www.otterine.blogspot.com in her 2013 entry. The chair is made out of cardboard, cardstock, fabric, and of course hot glue.

Another possibility: 

The shelf will be hanging on the wall instead of propped on the floor. 

I'm leaning a bit towards the modern side. It is a modern house, after all. Though I don't think I'll make the outside very modern. 


It still seems a little empty. Maybe I could prop up a surfboard in between the door and the shelf?

I like the how the bright books look against the wallpaper. I think I'll stick with the shelf :)

1 comment:

  1. That shelf is really cute. The surfboard sounds like a great idea to me!

    ReplyDelete