Sunday, March 29, 2015


Late for posting, I know. It's been a long week, so all of the minis in this scene except for the ukulele were made today, because I've been away from home since my last post. Made it, though :)

That chair got three different coats of paint; the last wasn't even dry yet when I photographed. "Make up your mind!" I growled to myself. 


So glad to be making miniatures again. I know, I know, four days without, but every single time I thought oh my gosh what a good miniature that could make I had to squelch the thought and try NOT to think about miniatures... which obviously did not work. So. Glad to be back.

'Til next time! :D

Monday, March 23, 2015


More shabby and less chic, I think :)

If you don't have a frame for a picture that fits, try setting your picture on craft foam, tracing it with a needle, and using a craft knife to slice the foam on the lines. Glue the picture matting to the foam, cut the foam to the desired width of your frame, and you're done. I've used this method for all my frames (maybe I should start using a different method because all my frames are identical). 

'Til next time! :D

Sunday, March 22, 2015


Springtime means pollen and everyone being so excited about the warmth that they sit and bask in the pollen. Then they show up sneezing, saying they are having allergies.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure you are," I reply.

I'm sorry about the bad lighting, I didn't finish everything (anything) I planned to do over the week and ended up doing it the afternoon I planned to photograph. 

That plant was fun. Ten minutes before the sunlight left, no plant was in the pot. Last resort- Take a piece of plain paper and cut it into strips, coat two fingers with green paint and slide the strips in between your fingers. For the dirt, cut a scrap of matte board/paper/foam board/whatever is on hand to fit the inside of your plant holder. Coat it with glue, throw a pinch of dirt on it, stick your plant in, and you're done. 

This is Basil, my unintentionally fat cat.

'Til next time!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

mustard yellow

Sunshine today!!!!

I knew while making these scenes based off of a mustard yellow colour that they needed some good sunny light filtering around them. It's been dreary all week, but I woke up to sunlight pouring into my room! Yayyy praise the Lord!

I'm not very happy with the way the table turned out, so I'm going to do more work on it.

By the way, the Creatin' Contest kit arrived yesterday! I pieced it together with the help of a whole lot of masking tape... only to realized my scale is waaaaaay too small for that kit. Wiping the front of the kit and starting over. I can't wait to see what the rest of you are doing with it!

'Til next time! :D

Sunday, March 8, 2015

colors on concrete

Many hours that should've been spent sleeping/eating/cleaning/writing were spent at my work bench play area, working smearing glue everywhere. I'm getting into the whole incorporating handmade art into my scenes... instead of printing off some random picture I didn't take, slapping it onto cardstock, and calling it quits. Toooooo boring. And I also wanting to start using concrete and distressed walls. So I pulled out the grey paint and started gathering ideas on how to paint synthetic concrete. On my computer. Standing on concrete floors in the basement (I keep the computer in the basement). It took me a while to realize that I don't exactly need to make concrete floors. 

 The backdrop is an old stool turned on its side.

Inspired by Pepper's lovely badger that she made using Alpaca fibre, I decided to try it out. The only Alpaca fibre I had was blue :/ so I used cotton. 

This 'lil kit's name is Ellie.

'Til next time :D