Sunday, February 16, 2014

Eventually I get around to doing things... eventually...

It's been quite a while since I last posted! Shame on me for assuming my schedule would quiet down after ball season's over. 

I've always wanted to make one of those modern shelf-y things but I didn't have any wood, and besides everyone else laser cuts everything, yet I'm way too young to do any of that, so I've really just ignored the plans for the piece. 

I stained the wood in the last desk about three years ago, but I figured the same stain would work again. It's actually dark furniture polish.

It's really messy, but it works and it hasn't got any dangerous fumes or anything.

I let it sit overnight. 

I used scissors and a crafting knife to cut the wood. The handles and the legs are toothpicks. 

 

It was not as hard as I thought it would be. :D

2 comments: