Saturday, June 21, 2014

Flower experiment gone wrong...

Another day in the world of miniature :)

The flowers are real. I snipped up one of those large white thing-ys that's always crawling with ticks and flies and whatnot. I looked at it, deemed it un-bug-ified, and plucked it from the patch. Later, having little white microscopic flowers spread over my desk, I noticed a colony of teeny little bugs half the size of adult lice swarming over my desk and hands! I attempted to smash them all. There are probably more, however, hidden. 

A little history on these chairs: I am horrible at dining rooms. I don't know what to do, and I rely totally on Houzz and other stuff. So I was searching everywhere through Pinterest and I found these chairs. Out of scale and I didn't have the required materials. So I attempted two different ways. One was the white part to be made of mat board. Worked, and was tidy. Next I tried thin foam board. Worked, less tidy. The board was just a smidgen thicker than the toothpick. If you're going to make these chairs, I would say go with the mat board, even though the foam is way easier to cut. 

Anyway, I'm making more cats out of clay. And the shark is currently underway, drying with it's first coat of mod-podge. I'll have a tutorial up on the kittens soon.

Thanks for reading :D


No comments:

Post a Comment