Sunday, May 17, 2015

the quiet corner part III

After a week of spiders, rapids, and car rides, here are the photos I took.
This is the Chattooga River. It runs through South Carolina and I believe partly on the border between Georgia and South Carolina. It's a national park that is famous for its white water rafting.

The little glass is hot glue that started out as a stick, but then I ran the heated metal mouth of the glue gun around it and pinched away at the glue to give it its glass-like shape. I gently pressed the metal piece into the "glass", and while it was still heated, I dropped a small blue glass bead into it.

 

The other pictures in this series were taken from a tree beside Dairy Queen.  

 

'Til next time! :D

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the most perfect spot to spend an afternoon in the sun. :) Minis on a roadtrip! The glass is a really clever idea, love the way the sun lights it from within.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristine! Yes, hot glue works wonders! It's no surprise that minis are not a good road trip accompaniment... I stared at them and knew I had to photograph them... but just not right now... not here... "OH! I'm leaving tomorrow (*pulls out camera*)!"

      Delete